Grinding the microstakes! 10nl-25nl Hand Review Blog

Analyst

Re: Grinding the microstakes! 10nl-25nl Hand Review Blog

Post by Analyst »

April 11 2021 - Hit and Run Hot!

As from the "before and after" title, ran a short 25nl session on GGPoker before I need to run some errands for my grandparents. In short, just a hot run and basically leaving up 400bb, but unfortunately, was punting on the reg 10nl tables. Mainly going to be playing on GGPoker/Partypoker for the next few days because I don't want to start another "Exclusive Poker Challenge" on Pokerstars. Been going through a lot of GTO+ sims and I'm hoping to make a youtube video on that.
25nlggpoker.png
25nlggpoker.png (45.47 KiB) Viewed 4367 times
Biggest hand today is this gift. Then proceeded to win KK vs AK 120bb deep, and winning QQ vs AK. So legit just run hot LOL.
25nlgiftgg.png
25nlgiftgg.png (37.23 KiB) Viewed 4367 times
The comeback is always stronger than the setback.
Analyst

Post by Analyst »

April 16 2021 - Pool Edge

Haven't been playing as much as I would like. Started looking at 3! spots though. I decided to run a short session on PartyPoker at night when the pool is very small. There were only 2 regs so the pool edge is pretty huge. Along with some big VIPs, it was pretty easy to have a winning session.
partypoker25nlapr11.png
partypoker25nlapr11.png (93.94 KiB) Viewed 4358 times
This hand is pretty straight forward. I think my sizing is terrible on the turn, but basically I know this guy doesn't have a fold button so just street poker.
25nlAAApr.png
25nlAAApr.png (35.6 KiB) Viewed 4358 times
Of course, they get me sometimes :lol:
AKApr11.png
AKApr11.png (39.66 KiB) Viewed 4358 times
Analyst

Post by Analyst »

April 19 2021 - Back on the Stars grind!

After taking a hiatus from Pokerstars and grinding on other sites, I decided to come back and do some more rakeback grinding! :D I also have a Partypoker session that I'll be making another post on. Anyways, first session back was pretty good. Getting into some annoying spots, but basically I learned to stop bluffing these recs LOL.
starssessionapr19.png
starssessionapr19.png (107.44 KiB) Viewed 4352 times
Got this one hand. I think this is a semi punt or very thin.
AJs3!a19.png
AJs3!a19.png (37.86 KiB) Viewed 4352 times
Standard 3! preflop, and BB cold calls. On the flop I bet small trying to get heads up. Turn, villain tank calls. River the BDFD comes in and it might be a bit too thin to value bet against KJs, QJs. Essentially I thought this tank on the turn meant that he had a marginal hand. (I can already hear the groans from everyone when someone talks about online reads LOL) Anyways, I jam river anyways, and he tank calls with TT. So... Value I guess?

In other unrelated news, my city is going on a hard lockdown, basically enforcing a stay at home order... I also have an operation on Wednesday where I'll have to take a few days off work, but hey, more time for content creating!
Analyst

Post by Analyst »

May 2 2021 - Ending off April

I've just been playing very casually, so haven't posted much. Been running good in all ins so that's a plus. If I'm not lazy I'll post some interesting hands LOL. But this is pretty much how the second half of April went. I've been very busy at work so can't stream or make much content. I'll try to post more on the blog though.
Apr17-may.png
Apr17-may.png (143.06 KiB) Viewed 4304 times
Analyst

Post by Analyst »

May 17 2021 - Back to basics - 10nl

Hey guys. The first week of May was a big eye opener for me. The reality is checking in that I can't beat 25nl yet on Pokerstars. I had a -$400 session which is 16 buy ins. After that I just became embarrassed and didn't really want to post anything about it. But the whole point of this blog was basically for me to look back and see my progress going forward. So here it is:
omegadownswing.png
omegadownswing.png (65.93 KiB) Viewed 4243 times
The good news is that I did get $200 in rakeback and made back 4 buy ins. So in a sense I somewhat recovered. Now it's just moving back down with my healthy BR and trying to improve at 10nl/16nl. The other thing is that, I've been winning consistently on Partypoker the last 25k hands at 4bb/100 so that's also why I thought I was good enough for Pokerstars. The reality is that the Partypoker pool has been much softer. I've mostly been grinding at night time and the pool usually only has 30-40 people who are very spewy. Basically the player pool is night and day. For now, I'll mostly be grinding 25nl on Partypoker.

Other than that, I've been playing a lot on stream, mainly 10nl GGPoker and Pokerstars. Needless to say, I ran incredibly hot. Also have this funny clip where I ended up having to send a lucky viewer $20 LOL

https://www.twitch.tv/mirage_island/cli ... OAfpHEFEKl

Stars 10nl
insane10nlsession.png
insane10nlsession.png (46.09 KiB) Viewed 4243 times
GGPoker
10nlggmay.png
10nlggmay.png (68.79 KiB) Viewed 4243 times
So with that all cleared up... Will it be time to post hand histories? LMFAO.
whiteshark

Post by whiteshark »

Hi mate, nice that you're having this blog here and thanks for your updates! No shame in moving down to NL10 again if your NL25 shot isn't going well ;) I'm also grinding it out on NL10z currently.

What is your motivation to play on several sites at once? I saw from your earlier posts that you also throw in sessions at GG and Party? My personal approach is to keep all of my bankroll at Stars, with no real reason of diversifying at NL10...
Analyst

Post by Analyst »

Hey! I’m surprised people are still stopping by this blog LOL. I’d say I grind about 80% of cash on PokerStars and mainly playing tournaments on GG/Party. But the other 20% on Party is just cause I like playing the small pool at night ~30 people and I’m mainly pool selecting here. Since I started playing on stars, I only play GG cash on stream and it’s mostly for content. Now this is the main driving factor, every ~22 days or so the exclusive poker challenge, or 40% rakeback resets on PokerStars. Usually I’m only able to complete it once in around 16-20 days depending on the volume I put in. So if I complete it on day 18, I’ll grind another site until it resets because I have guaranteed rakeback on those sites.

Lastly, I don’t keep 100% of my roll on 1 site cause with the stakes I play, I don’t really need to. I only really need around 25bi to be comfortable. I actually don’t touch my poker balances online ever. I’m mainly trying to practice and put in volume.