NL100 to NL500 in 1 year!

NoTime

Re: NL100 to NL500 in 1 year!

Post by NoTime »

Anoterh losing session to the bank + PT4 not working properly!

New bankroll: 1028,19€

Attachments
hellow.png
hellow.png (74.26 KiB) Viewed 5640 times
NoTime

Post by NoTime »

Attachments
ccc.png
ccc.png (171.92 KiB) Viewed 5639 times
aaa.png
aaa.png (128.62 KiB) Viewed 5639 times
NoTime

Post by NoTime »

Finally some things going our way!
Little upswing. This motivates me to keep going and honestly I had KK,AK vs AA 3 times already but no single one went my way and I had no AA vs KK,AK,QQ. Also lost 2 flips twice despite running it twice. It feels like everything could turn around soon.
(if Matte does not hunt my ass)

Image + a rb spin very soon :)

Attachments
aaaaaa.png
aaaaaa.png (128.72 KiB) Viewed 5634 times
NoTime

Post by NoTime »

Quick update on the challenge.
We are basically back at starting roll or to be exact below that.
I am having a fever atm and will take some time off from playing then will restart the challenge again from exactly 1000€ (will reload to exactly 1000€).
PT4 is not working anymore because GG made some changes. So I will also start a new database once they have fixed the issues.
Also I am running like shit. I always run it twice and manage to lose both times with flips or AK vs KK etc. Also never got all in with AA so far preflop. Hopefully the second try will work out better for me.

Attachments
abc.png
abc.png (122.94 KiB) Viewed 5618 times
easy_game

Post by easy_game »

I think people pay too much attention to the Ev line - as far as I know it has very little to do with running good or bad overall, because (1) it shows only all-in results and all-ins are not necessarily the main part of poker profits and losses, and (2) all-ins frequency is low while the value is high so the resulting Ev variance (and so its influence on the total Ev) is huge without a very big sample.

And also preflop all-ins most often are just coolers - and coolers are 0 Ev in the long run (tbf coolers are -Ev due to the rake but that's not the point here) so there's no point in paying much attention to them.
Unless ofc they're actually coolers and not mistakes, like misreading the opponent's range for example and calling a shove just because "he has all the shite in the world there and my AJs are good" :)

That's why I prefer to look at 'all-in' and 'non-all-in' results separately, and pay much more attention to the second ones. Of course I also had sessions with up to 10 coolers like KK vs AA or set over set. But it's just poker :)
regular fish mostly studying the game lately
NoTime

Post by NoTime »

easy_game wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:32 pm I think people pay too much attention to the Ev line - as far as I know it has very little to do with running good or bad overall, because (1) it shows only all-in results and all-ins are not necessarily the main part of poker profits and losses, and (2) all-ins frequency is low while the value is high so the resulting Ev variance (and so its influence on the total Ev) is huge without a very big sample.

And also preflop all-ins most often are just coolers - and coolers are 0 Ev in the long run (tbf coolers are -Ev due to the rake but that's not the point here) so there's no point in paying much attention to them.
Unless ofc they're actually coolers and not mistakes, like misreading the opponent's range for example and calling a shove just because "he has all the shite in the world there and my AJs are good" :)

That's why I prefer to look at 'all-in' and 'non-all-in' results separately, and pay much more attention to the second ones. Of course I also had sessions with up to 10 coolers like KK vs AA or set over set. But it's just poker :)
The EV line certainly does not tell the whole story but I think it is better than the green line.
easy_game

Post by easy_game »

Actually I think (and above I tried to explained why) the opposite - the Ev line tells you almost nothing valuable, and very often it is misleading. Due to its nature and original meaning - your Ev difference in all-ins.
The green one does not tell you much either but if you filter out coolers it can show you at least something :geek:

The difficult task here is to define and detect coolers because for example AA vs set on the flop is not necessarily a cooler. So filtering out preflop all-ins is usually more or less Ok.

But again: that's just what I do and how I explain it to myself - that doesn't mean it's the ultimate truth :)
regular fish mostly studying the game lately
NoTime

Post by NoTime »

I want to give a quick update on whats going on :) So since last week I have been in a hospital and today I got the news that I won't get released before Christmas. In this hospital I don't have lan connection and can't play on ggpoker due "unstable connection". However, I can play on Unibet. So I deposited 1000€ on Unibet (max in Germany) and started playing in the evenings.
I have made a thread about that:
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/174/ ... e-1782527/

The bankroll is at 4.05k currently!

Once I am back home and have lan connection I will play on ggpoker again and grind 100k hands to get a database analysis from Thomas after :). I also will make another blog here or maybe use this one and make more posts.

The goal for now is to get the roll to 10k € and then play 200NL. On ggpoker NL200 is 160€ so then I am more than rolled to play this limit :).